The Sauerland Winter Sports Arena comprises the Sauerland and Siegerland-Wittgenstein regions. It is one of the most modern and largest ski regions north of the Alps.
Winterberg lies in the heart of the Winter Sports Arena and offers skiers, snowboarders, cross-country skiers and small and large toboggan runners varied and challenging sports facilities. From mid-December to the end of March, ultra-modern, energy-efficient snow guns ensure snow reliability.
DSV Nordic-Activ centres, biathlon stadiums, bobsleigh run and ski jumps round off the offer for your perfect winter holiday in Winterberg.
Key data of the winter sports region in Hochsauerland:
- 150 lifts with 300 hectares of slopes and modern chair lifts
- 400 kilometres of quality cross-country skiing at high altitudes
- Around 83 snow-covered slopes and 10 kilometres of snow-covered cross-country trails
- Family-friendly lifts and beginner slopes
- Certified ski schools and ski rental companies
- Modern "Hands-free" ticket system
- Floodlighting - alpine and nordic
- Mountain rescue on site
- Gastronomy all over the ski area
You see: A visit to the greatest skiing pleasure north of the Alps is well worth it!